Thursday, October 28, 2010

Introducing: American Royalty

I've talked about these facking killaz a lil bit before but I'd like to do it right and formally introduce the World Wide Web to something your ears have most likely never heard before; a band that goes by the name of American Royalty!  When I was first given a shneek peak into their jams, I didn't really know what to do with myself because I was trying to comprehend the mashing of genres, the screaming synth, and the rockin guitars all at once (kinda similar to my first encounter of the 69th kind).  It wasn't until a few weeks later when I saw them live at Bardot, that I instantly became hooked!

Under the newly composed record label belonging to my buddies over at Guns In The Sun, it's clear that American Royalty is packin heat!  Having already played more than a handful of shows and having their song featured in Jamie O'Brien's latest flick (see below), it was only a matter of time that they released their highly anticipated single entitled "Lately" (also below).  As you will soon see, American Royalty prides themselves in fusing real Rock n' Roll with Synth heavy dirty Electro mixed with frequent classic dj samples, heart-pumpin drums, and sounds that just make you want to hit something or someone in the fucking face!  If American Royalty were a food, I'd say they're similar to a Sriracha drenched burrito dipped in whiskey and topped of with coco puffs!   Although the future is never certain in this life of ours, I can tell you one thing, these kids truly have the potential to pull the rug out from under the electro world, the rock world, and just plain music in general!

American Royalty - Lately (Single) by American Royalty

Check out their track entitled "Lately" above and head on over to the Guns In The Sun press release for more info!  Also, do not miss their record release party on November 13th at the Bootleg Theatre in Silverlake, shit is sure to be nasty!  
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment