Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Photog Showcase #1 - Owl Bundy -

Anyone can take pictures right?  All you have to do is put your eye through a hole, aim, and fire!  Yeah and anyone can do the same damn thing by going to a fawkin glory hole on a Friday night!  Much like any art form, with photography, there's much more than meets the eye (trust me, I've tried several times to pick it up and have gotten nothing but blurry drunken images of what look like nipples but couldn't be further from such goodness).  I'm no expert on photography but it really gets me running in circles of confusion when I try to figure out how good photographers take pictures of something within reality and are then some how able to transform that reality into dream like images which elicit emotions and evoke imagination?  They must have been given some kind of key at birth which I apparently missed out on...
Anyways, to show my appreciation for one of the many arts that I have yet to figure out, I thought I'd bring you into the realm of photography by showcasing some of my most favorite photographers in the entire World (who also just so happen to be good friends of mine).  I've asked these photographers to do the impossible and send me a few of their favorite pics (a task that I'm sure could easily be related to picking your favorite wave in the World, choosing which Playboy bunny to root, or deciding what your favorite Rolling Stones song is).  Eventually, after much nail biting and brow furrowing they've sent me their beauties and now I'm sending em to you!  So hold on tight for the rest of the week, cause I've got some photos that belong in a whole other world that will surely blow your mind!   
   
Photog #1 - Owl Bundy -
To start things off, I'd like to introduce the oh so steezy images that belong to the eye of my good buddy Owl Bundy aka Snarf McMeoskers aka Camilo Lara Jr.

Camilo is a creative virtuoso and a multi-media visionary who paints "a dark world bright with cinematic insight".  Whether he's draped in his infamous pho-trog disguise snappin wild electro party pics, lurking behind a bush at Pipe getting the next cover shot, or shooting look book pics for a legendary hat company, Owl Bundy is most certainly a force to be reckoned with!  But don't take my word for it, check out his photos, and surely the pictures will speak for themselves...   

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment