Sunday, December 27, 2009

++ Rehab Lab ++ Surf Injuries

Having experienced the challenging and treacherous waves of Hawaii, I came back to Cali more surf stoked than ever and ready to straight up own the beach breaks and eel grass Cali reefs that seemed like a cake walk compared to the live coral and vana filled reefs on Da Rock, boy how wrong I was!  After completely tweaking the shit outa my back from a tail waft attempt gone wrong on a bomb, a long forgotten yet simple lesson that most surfers seldom take for granted came to mind: mother nature is a very unpredictable beast and the second you think you've got her all figured out, she'll slam you on your ass leave you in a hotel room in Chino with a rat trap on yo junk, a catfish stuck up yo ass, and three chains connecting your nipples to your tongue!  Point being, as surfers we all know that the moment our feet step in the water, we risk our body, our lives, and our health.  Even though these risks exist, it's the reward that comes with getting an unforgettable shack, landing a high ass air, or thrashing the shit out of an innocent lip that keeps us going and constantly yearning for more time and time again!         
But what happens when risk meets reality and your board slams you in the face or you air drop onto a pile of fingers at shish kabobs and you end up bruised, cut, strained, sprained, or just completely broken?  After you get serviced by a professional lead pipe cleaner, smoke some beers, or drink some ganj and the pain still persists, then it's time to see a professional and fix your body before it gets too late and you evolve into Quasimoto the Hunchback of Notre Lame!  I did a bit of research and scouring on the net and found some really helpful information on surf injuries and recovery so by the time you guys fuck up yo shit you'll have all the info just a click away for ya right here!  I've narrowed down some of the most common surf-related injuries and useful articles that pertain to such injuries below: 
    

Hit me up if you know of any other good articles that helped you recover from injuries, reef rash, shark bites, sting rays, or a broken heart umm I mean femur?
 
Anyways, as I sit here and watch shitty ass movies with an icy hot patch slapped right above my ass on my lower back wishing I could shred tomorrow, I can't help but think I wish I had written this post yesterday so I'd know in advance how to prepare my body and my shralping for injury and quick recovery.  So remember, don't be a fool, wrap yo tool!     

Big ups to Baby Sado who also suffered the wrath of Black's Beach today and got a broken nose from his board' s rail, hang in their solja boi! 

Disclaimer: Surf Ambassador Hendo is by no means a licensed physician, oracle of faith, or love doctor so don't get your panties in a wad if yo shit never heals!  There are just somethings that are beyond his control!  
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment